At Plas Coch we pride ourselves on the very best standards of food and drink with as many homemade and locally sourced items as possible.
We cater for a range of needs including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and pescatarian diets. With so many guests participating in races, night walks and sunrise photography we are used to catering for unusual breakfast requirements by prior arrangement!
Included in your stay
- A full continental buffet with homemade cereals and preserves, yoghurts, fruit salad or compote, fresh fruit, croissants and ‘Tan Lan Bakery’ bread
- Choice of freshly-cooked breakfasts including Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Egg; Smoked Haddock & Poached Egg and our famous Brecwast Cymreig Llawn (full Welsh- featuring produce from ‘Wavells Butchers’) also available with vegetarian and vegan options
- Freshly made Dwyfor Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate, orange juice and milk or non-diary alternatives
- After-adventure homemade cakes including traditional Bara Brith, Welsh Cakes and gluten-free and vegan options
- We have a wide selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolates for your room.
We welcome group bookings and enjoy catering for large groups as they explore the mountains. We ask larger groups to pre-order their cooked breakfast if they want to eat together, before heading out or meeting their guide.
At Plas Coch we are continually seeking to reduce our use of disposables and single-use plastics meaning some supplies are kept in the dining room for you to choose from whenever you like. We will use locally sourced goods wherever we can and reduce our use of imported items, so there is some seasonal variation. We pride ourselves on minimal food waste and you can help us with this by pre-ordering your cooked breakfast.
Welsh tap water is excellent and we can lend you our stainless steel water bottles so there really is no need to buy a plastic bottle of water.
Please bring back your fruit peel to help us make garden compost and keep the mountains clean and tidy.
Concentrate on your adventure and let us prepare your packed lunch for you! This includes your choice of freshly-made sandwiches, home-made cakes, crisps, snacks, fruit and a flask of freshly made tea, coffee or hot chocolate for only £10 per person. Please order the evening before.
There are many excellent cafes, restaurants and take-aways in the village, but we may be able to provide simple evening meals for groups out of season by prior arrangement. Guests are welcome to use our dining room or map room for take-aways and we will provide plates and cutlery. To keep our rooms to their high standard, we must insist that takeaway meals are not eaten in the bedrooms.