Home > Accessibility Statement
Plas Coch Accessibility Statement
At Plas Coch we take accessibility and inclusion very seriously as we believe that everyone should be able to benefit from enjoying an adventurous break in Snowdonia and we enjoy having people with additional needs staying with us. We have some limitations, as you may expect in a large Victorian house, but we are always happy to discuss your needs and provide factual information about Plas Coch and the local environment. Here is some additional information for you to be aware of when making a booking: -
- Rob and Fiona have a background in education and care of children and adults with a range of special needs. We will always do our best to meet the learning and neurodevelopmental needs of our guests (for example autistic spectrum condition) and ensure they and their families feel welcome and included.
- We can discuss your needs confidentially and if needs be create a personal evacuation plan in the unlikely event of the need to evacuate the premises, for example if you will not be able to hear the fire alarm.
- Our ground floor room (room 1) has easy-use light switches, level internal access, a level walk-in shower (a shower chair is available) and 83cm wide door openings ( 80cm to the bathroom ). We do not have handrails fixed to the walls. We will happily rearrange furniture to improve access routes around the room.
- We have a removable ramp that can be set up to assist access to the 90cm wide front doorway. Our steps to the front door are quite steep and so there is a handrail.
- There is ample and spacious car-parking and we can reserve a space close to the front door if needs be.
- Our garden is level-access through a wide 120cm gate. The summer-house is up a few narrow steps
- Our ground-floor ‘Map Room’ can easily be used for breakfast for guests and groups who might find our main dining room too busy and stimulating.
- There is wide, gentle but long staircase to the first floor rooms with a total of 18 steps and a spacious landing. The second floor rooms are accessed by a narrow staircase and a narrow corridor.
- We can provide menus and information in large font-sizes.
- We have excellent links with outdoor adventure companies specialising in supporting children and adults with additional needs and can put you in contact with them.