An Introduction to the Mountains of Snowdonia
Saesneg yn unig ar hyn o bryd...
Plas Coch is the perfect base from which to explore Snowdonia but what if you lack the confidence to get out in the hills and find your way to the top of some of these dramatic peaks?
These two-night special packages at Plas Coch, led by Fiona and Rob, have been developed with the needs of those new to hillwalking in mind but would suit anyone seeking the company and conversation of a small group led by a Mountain Leader whilst enjoying some of the best mountain terrain in the UK.
During this beginners’ introduction to mountaineering you will: -
- Develop knowledge and skills that will help you become independent with hillwalking
- Enjoy two full days of carefully paced, guided group walks with a qualified Mountain Leader in a small group (maximum 6 participants)
- Explore some of the less popular routes and (depending on conditions) quieter mountain peaks
- Learn about natural features of the landscape, wildlife and place names
- Develop confidence as part of a small group with others of a similar level of ability and experience
You will not have to…
- rely on your own navigation and route-finding skills
- Undertake technical scrambling or climbing
- Walk in conditions requiring specialist skills and equipment (snow and ice)
- Be assessed or tested on your knowledge or skills!
The Introduction to the Mountains of Snowdonia mini-break provides the usual level of Plas Coch hospitality, packed lunches for the mountain walks and use of your room right up to departure.